• Excellent standards of daily care and education
• Home from home setting
• Dedicated and enthusiastic staff
• Secure, stimulating and happy environment
• Baby Room
• Toddler Room
• Pre-school Room
• Freshly prepared food
Education & development
Mulberry Bush Day Nursery aims to promote the 5 outcomes of the Every Child Matters Agenda:
• Enjoy and Achieve
• Make a Positive Contribution
• Be Healthy
• Stay Safe
• Enjoy Economic Well-Being
The nursery aims to develop to the full each child’s potential as an active learner through a well planned and stimulating environment both indoors and outdoors. We also make sure the children have FUN.
Some of the main criteria borne in mind when planning the programme of activities are:
1) The activities must be appropriate to age, understanding and development and be culturally sensitive.
2) There must be variety, so that the children are given opportunities to develop cognitive and social skills, and independence.
3) Staff aim to involve the children in the planning of their activities to the extent that is appropriate for their age and understanding.
4) There must be sufficient time for rests/naps appropriate to the ages and needs of individual children.
5) Adult/child ratios are maintained, and group sizes for activities must take account of the needs of individual children.
6) The activities should form preparation for the formal education that the child will eventually experience in school.